Monday 29 October 2012

Cream of Celery Soup


During my recent visit to Penang, I had lunch with a bowl of soup as a starter, suddenly I realize that I don't have many soup recipes in my blog. So.. I am now decided to include more of it and to start with; is this excellent creamy soup. Enjoy!!






Ingredients
1 large onion - cut into wedges
3 cloves garlic - peeled and chopped
1/2 cup butter - melted
1 bunch of celery stick - cut into small
1 potato - peeled and cut
1 cups of chicken broth
1/2 cup water
2 cups fresh milk
1/2 cup cream
2 pcs bay leaf
1 tbsp flour
1 sprig parsley
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Salt to taste

Methods
1. In a saucepan, melt butter and saute the onion and garlic until brown. Add chicken broth and flour and constantly stirs until smooth.
2. Add in celery and potatoes, bay leaf. Simmer until the vegetables soft
3. Removed from the stove. Allow to cool for a while
4.  Transfer to blender or any food processor. Add in milk, parsley and cream, blend until smooth.
5. Transfer back to the pot and season with black pepper, cayenne pepper and salt simmer for another 2-3 minutes before served.








No comments: